It's the inaugural Happytown Political Pop Quiz™! Want to know how much your Orlando mayoral candidates know about running the city? Look no further. Pencils down!
Published: March 29, 2012
4) Around $480 million. No, when you look at having a billionaire owner, a team that's very successful, and that was and still is a vital contributor to this community that the city could have found a better partnership deal.
5) I'm a pragmatic progressive – I want to see our city expand – but there's got to be limits. We're in a recession. We've seen over $1 billion invested into more empty buildings, more hollow infrastructure.
6) I think blue is aluminum. I'm pretty sure I throw my cans in there. I'm colorblind, so you're throwing me a trick question! I object to that question!
7) It does place limitations on the size of the group that you can feed, 25, and the number of times, two a year, that a group or organization can do feedings. If you want to feed the homeless, that will never be criminalized under Mike Cantone's administration.
8) I've been referring to it as the “creative castle.” I envision yet another wall dividing our city and blocking out the Parramore community from redevelopment downtown. It's kind of ridiculous.
9) I'm definitely open to it. One thing I'd like to see is a greater use of community gardening throughout Orlando. We could even use some of these resources to address some of the homeless and the feeding issues.
10) Commissioner Diamond and I have become friends and Ken Mulvaney and I have become good friends. We're all united in the thought that there's a broken “Buddy” system in Orlando.
11) Right now I think it's kind of a toxic situation. There's not a lot of clarity and it's not a lot of open partnerships. Mayor Jacobs has kind of taken the lead.
12) I'm losing the city's name in Japan. Man, you're stumping me.
> Email Billy Manes