100 things you must do in Orlando before you die
A list of things everyone who lives in Orlando should do at least once
Published: December 4, 2013
25. The air-conditioned outdoor booths at Flea World Orlando (4311 S. Orlando Drive, Sanford, fleaworld.com) offer wild entertainment – both the merchandise and the people-watching – especially if you pass the day crawling concession stands and sipping draft beers. It’s one of Orlando’s best day-drunk spots.
26. Drink around the world at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, and don’t miss the live chef demos. (disneyworld.disney.go.com)
27. Browse Renninger’s antique center (20651 U.S. Highway 441, Mount Dora, renningers.com). Start out in the sprawling lawn of squatters and then work your way up to the impressive collections housed in two separate markets.
28. Pay what you want for coffee at the donations-only cafe, Downtown Credo (706 W. Smith St., downtowncredo.com)
29. Consult a resident stylist or put together an entire outfit head-to-toe by yourself from vintage and handmade shop Etoile Boutique (2424 E. Robinson St., etoileboutique.com).
30. Bring your pup to Fleet Peeples Park (2000 S. Lakemont Ave., Winter Park, ffpp.org), a lakeside off-leash gathering spot for area dogs and their owners.
31. Buy a used book from the eclectic, gently used collection at Stardust Video and Coffee (1842 E. Winter Park Road, stardustie.com).
32. Celebrate Free Comic Book Day with the easygoing geeks at A Comic Shop (114 S. Semoran Blvd., Winter Park, acomicshop.com).
33. Take a train shot at Ivanhoe Village’s Hammered Lamb (1235 N. Orange Ave., thehammeredlamb.com) –they’re complimentary for bar patrons each time a train rolls past the back patio.
34. Enjoy a home-cooked meal and down-home sounds at Southern Fried Sunday (hosted by Will’s Pub, 1042 N. Mills Ave., facebook.com/southernfriedsunday).
35. Cruise the ever-changing selection of food trucks at Tasty Tuesdays in the Milk District (2424 E. Robinson St., facebook.com/tastytuesdaysorlando).
36. Walk through Park Avenue’s Central Park when the roses are in bloom.
37. Stick a dollar down the skivvies of a male go-go dancer at Savoy (1913 N. Orange Ave., savoyorlando.com).
38. Arrive early enough to grab a front-row couch seat while doing dinner and a movie at the Enzian (1300 S. Orlando Ave., Maitland, enzian.org).
39. Catch a foul ball at an Atlanta Braves spring training baseball game at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. (700 S. Victory Way, Kissimmee, espnwwos.disney.go.com)
40. Take a date on a swan boat paddling tour of Lake Eola.
> Email Staff